eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > The Backside
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

resting horses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
8heffsbarn View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 0.00
  Quote 8heffsbarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: resting horses
    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 4:11pm
when a horse needs rest, is it better to send to farm or set the train for race date back 6-8 weeks?
jwsonny View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 8.90
  Quote jwsonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 5:44pm
Based on some conversations I've had with other Simsters - there are opinions for and against both of those options. I personally have gone back and forth between farming and training to a future date and honestly have seen more short term success with training. However, it's worth noting that my sample size isn't exactly massive... and there is a long-term aspect to consider as it relates to wear and tear. My 10 cent guess is training is better short term while rest on the pasture is better for the long term.

Edited by jwsonny - 16 Jan 2019 at 5:45pm
Sonny - MN born & raised. Skol Vikes and Wild.

"A heart-pounding, PULSATING stretchdrive. And Tiznow prevails."
dixiedotco View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 45.90
  Quote dixiedotco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:58pm
The farm doesn't give any sort of benefit to the horse.  It's simply a way of freeing up a slot in your stable if your horse isn't going to race for a while.  So if you're not planning on racing the horse for 9 weeks (6 weeks farm + 3 weeks training on return), then use the farm.  Otherwise, keep in your stable.
potluck View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.00
  Quote potluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:42pm
thank you both
 Post Reply Post Reply